Since we are a mobile first startup, with beginnings in iOS, we decided to put together team predictions for this year’s announcements coming in September 2014. We’re running a contest here at MovieLaLa, to see who’s the closest to guessing the Apple launch of products this fall.
Without further adieo, here are our predictions:
1) Esen- designer : “I believe there will be a new iphone and ipad. They will both be more thin and more flat. The icons will be solid colors, simple and more useful. Plus, I think the appearance of the phone will be more customizable.”
Translation: I love design and colors. I want to customize my phone better, make it beautiful and please make it more light-weight and painless to carry.
2) Taner- product manager : “I’m focused on the battery life. I think there will be a major improvement in the length of time the iphone can live due to battery improvement.”
Translation: I’m tired of waking up and having a dead phone. What are all these wires and plugs everywhere? Why does Google Maps or Waze suck all the iphone energy?
3) Sahin- engineer : “I’m going to go out there and say there will be a “finger-over” detection when it comes to mobile. Also, the phone and ipad will be able to coordinate where you’re looking and detect it so you won’t have to manually tap the board or phone. I also believe there will be a new form of communication between apple devices (not bluetooth or ant) to improve Apple continuity. New Apple payment, and a new Macbook with 4G.”
Translation: I’m over using my fingers like a masseuse on the keyboard. I don’t want to move a muscle. Why can’t you read my mind and my eyes you “retina display ipad”. Oh, and while you’re at it, tell all the other apps how to behave and work with the OS so they can also perform exactly what I’m thinking.
4) Baris- engineer: “I ponder deeply about the new iphone and ipad that will be launched. Perhaps there will be an ipad PRO, and perhaps a new larger sized iphone (although that might have to wait until next year).”
Translation: I’m actually being a bit conservative about this fall because I’m loving swift and the new language. And that was SUCH a big update on the engineering side so I’m hesitant to predict products until next year.
5) Dana- manager: “I believe there will be something wearable- probably something health related. There will also be a new iphone that is bigger and thinner. I’m also hoping that there’s communication between the apps, along the lines of continuity, so I don’t always have to log-in to my apps several times in a year (automatic detection and opening of apps).
Translation: I’m into the wearable market. I’d like you to figure out when I need a walk or when I need to eat. I also would like a lighter and thinner phone because I don’t like things heavy. And please find a way to drop all the username and passwords across all the apps.
6) Anul (engineer): “I’m looking forward to Beats integration. I also think there will be a new iphone and ipad.”
Translation: I love music and I’m still amazed at the purchase of Beats. I love the idea of work and music together so I’m hoping they do something cool. I’m sure there will be a new iphone and ipad too.
7) Tahsin (engineer): “I think they will launch iphone 6, with a new macbook air and pro series. The new ipad they will launch next summer.”
Translation: I think Apple’s been focusing on the phone and computers because those items need the most updates. I can wait until next summer for a new ipad.
Those are the team predictions. Let’s see who is more psychic here at MovieLaLa.