Top 5 things I’ve learned about LA meetings
1) It’s a must to remind the person in LA when and where your meeting the day before a day. Send them a calendar invite so you know it’s IN their calendar (no excuses). And don’t be surprised if it changes or drops while you’re driving over. Hey, people get busy!
2) Always leave earlier than you think. Sometimes Waze app is broken and your subjected to using Google maps. Which means less accuracy and more time to get to said destination. LA traffic is consistently packed.
3) Always pick locations that have parking. Parking is so difficult in LA, that using a coffee shop with an attached parking lot is a luxury and privilege so take advantage.
4) Always look manicured, clean and well dressed. The whole hoodie culture and ‘just worked through the night’ look of SF doesn’t work in LA. It’s a city built around beauty so play the game and be presentable.
5) Be grateful you get to work in sunny LA. Nothing can compare with California sunshine- blue skies and palm trees.
Top 5 things I’ve learned about SF meetings
1) Don’t go over 80 MPH on the highways (even if they’re wide open).
2) Park in a neighborhood in SF with unlimited parking. That way you can lyft or uber around without paying parking garage fees and 2 hour limitations to parking on sidewalks.
3) Don’t be late to your meetings. Everything is efficient, professional, and on time without a minute to spare in SF. Time is money. Traffic excuses like LA don’t work the same in SF.
4) Always bring a coat and I recommend layered clothing. You never know when the wind will kick up and the temperature drops 20 degrees.
5) Be gratefull you get to work in SF. It’s a great metropolitan city that’s walkable and diverse. And hey, it’s got character!